Datuk Seri Najib also conceded that some speeches during the just concluded assembly were extreme. "Sometimes inexperienced speakers tend to get carried away by the occasion and they play to the gallery."
Datuk Seri, inexperienced speakers, as far as I'm aware, will be more than happy to be able to string a couple of sentences together in front of hundreds of people and thousands of live television audience. Inexperienced speakers are certainly not those who are able to "play to the gallery".
- Azimi 'blood of Malay warriors' Daim, UMNO Youth Exco,
- Datuk Mohammad 'Amok' Rahmat, former Minister of Information,
- Razak 'mengamok' Idris, Terengganu Information Youth Chief,
- Hasnoor 'bathe in blood' Sidang Hussein of Melaka and
- Hashim 'use the keris' Suboh, of Perlis
Now if a live and direct telecast without censorship and editing of the assembly proceedings doesn't give the best and 'truest' picture of what UMNO grassroot leaders and by extension, UMNO itself, then what will?
Datuk Seri Najib said that the live proceedings gave a "distorted picture of the ruling UMNO", he is only being honest for its true, UMNO is indeed distorted!
(Tony now has a sinus headache distorting distorted discourse.)