Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Alternative Career?

So what do you think? Will I make the cut?

After my 'A' Levels, had I decided not to pursue a university education, a career in fine arts or graphic design would have been my most favoured option. Now, many many years later, with my hands glued to computer keyboards and barely able to hold a pen, I think this option is probably no longer applicable, should I of course, choose to retire from my current position. ;p

The above caricature was drawn way back in 1994, when I first started working in Kuala Lumpur. I was renting small apartment in Cheras then, and it was a daily trawl going home via Jalan Loke Yew from Menara Tun Razak, and I sort of watched with comic interest the traffic police performing their daily duties in hand signals.

I've always dreamt of having my own little art studio at the corner my own little bungalow where I get to spend my post-retirement drawing and painting... well, maybe after my 50s-lah :).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, you can so make the potong, man :)

do you know what i always say to people who can draw (because i sorely can't)?

"can draw me, ah?" lol. but that is some impressive drawing, i must say.

What A Lulu said...

quite impressed. were you a gila-gila fan? it looks very gila-gila influenced.

A Black Cat said...

Very nice!
Love the hand movements =)