Visit the Facebook Event Page here.
Given the controversies arising from construction and implementation of Malaysia’s largest infrastructure project, the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT) system, DAP will be organizing an English forum entitled “MRT: Are Malaysians Taken for a Ride” to discuss the project.
The controversies arising from the project would include, but are not limited to the disputed land acquisition exercise in Chinatown and Bukit Bintang, the planning and implementation process as well as the transparency and governance relating to the award of projects.
The details are as follows:
Date: 26 September 2011The panel of speakers will include:
Time: 7.30 pm
Venue: KL Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall, Jalan Maharajalela, Kuala Lumpur
- Nurul Izzah Anwar, MP Lembah Pantai
- Fong Kui Lun, MP Bukit Bintang
- Tony Pua, MP Petaling Jaya Utara
- Rajiv Rishyakaran, Association For The Improvement of Mass Transit (TRANSIT)
- Goh Bok Yen, Land Use & Transportation Planning Consultant