What is this programme about?
Selected candidates will be matched based on compatibility to a Member of Parliament or State Assemblyman (ADUN). The candidate will attach on a full-time basis to the MP/ADUN and actively participate in their daily work.
During the programme, candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Assist and contribute to the work of the MP/ADUN
- Gain first-hand experience and insight of being a national leader
- Attend parliamentary sessions or state assembly sessions
- Organize and participate in press conferences, discussions, political events etc.
As part of the programme, candidates are required to:
- Submit a 300-word essay documenting their experience and insight gained
- Contribute a 1000-word proposal on how to improve the office of an MP/ADUN or the operation of DAP Malaysia; OR a research topic of choice on a current issue for MP/ADUN debate during parliamentary or state assembly session
- Initiate and organize a community event to engage sociopolitical awareness
- Youths between age 18-30 (students, fresh grads or young working adults)
- Full-time attachment
- Selection based on assessment of academic results and experience
- Closing date of application: 25th May 2010
- Start date of programme: Anytime after 20th June 2010
- Successful candidates will be informed via email
Email resume / curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter expressing interest to daprocket(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Include in your application the following:
- Preferred location (ie. which state/city in Malaysia)
- Preferred duration of your attachment
- MP/ADUN of preference
For enquiries, kindly email daprocket(at)rocketmail(dot)com