Well, we're calling all young Malaysian university students on vacation, fresh graduates and young working adults to take part in our "Know An MP" Youth Attachment Programme.
For those of you who aspire to gain first-hand experience of being a Member of Parliament or a state assemblyman, here’s an opportunity not to be missed. DAP Malaysia is now offering 10 places of attachment to various top national leaders, MPs and State Assemblymen (ADUN) in Malaysia, during which you will be “adopted” by an MP/ADUN, and brought along to work on a daily basis for. This will be a great chance for you to understand the work of an MP/ADUN, and their role in governing our country.
Who is this for?
- Youths of age 18-30
- First, second or final year students enjoying semester breaks, have no idea what to do with all the free time, and would like to have a new and exciting experience
- Fresh graduates who are on the lookout for a job experience
- Young working adults who would like a refreshing change to your career or working environment
- Depending on the MP/ADUN that you are assigned to, you will be attached to him/her on a daily basis, and work closely with him/her
- You may have the chance to be involved in parliamentary sessions, press conferences, events etc. all of which will enhance your knowledge and experience in being a budding future leader
- The programme runs for at least 1 month, either full time or part time, with the starting date and duration depending on the schedules of both the applicant and the MP/ADUN
- Experience the work and life of an MP/ADUN on a daily basis and understand how they keep our country running.
- Get to know top Malaysian leaders
- Recognise the contributions and responsibilities of being a leader
- And most importantly, this will be a highlight on your resume
Please include your preferred location (ie. which state/city in Malaysia), starting date and duration of the attachment in your application.
Selection will be based on academic and curriculum track record, as well as an interview. Successful candidates will be endorsed with a monthly allowance and will be informed via email.