Monday, July 13, 2009

Sinar Harian 'Gula-Gula' Cover

It's rare that we opposition politicians get on the front cover of a Malay newspaper, not unless of course we are being accused of being anti-Malay, anti-Consititution, anti... you get the idea. The last time I was on the cover of Utusan Malaysia, it was courtesy of Khairy Jamaluddin who accused me of "insulting the Malays" back in May 2007.

So I was a little surprised when I got a copy of Sinar Harian yesterday from Gobind with my big mug on the front page, juxtaposed against the "new" prime minister, no less! What's more, I think it was the only mainstream newspaper yesterday to have an "opposing" voice on its cover.

On the 100 days Najib premiership celebrations and policy announcements, he called his ofers "Hadiah", while I called it "Gula-gula".
Ini hanya adalah 'gula-gula', bukanlah satu pengumuman yang besar seperti yang kita kehendaki selama ini. 'Gula-gula' ini tidak akan memberi kesan kepada PR.
Well, I certainly can't complain! (Except the fact that they flipped my face so that I'd be viewing right ;-))
Post a Comment